Arbor Images/ Arbor Forest Products carries a full line of landscape products and materials. Whether you are a do-it-yourself home-owner, or a contractor, we fit all budgets. Also, we are offering many varieties of decorative stone. Not to mention, topsoil, compost, sand, and gravel. Please visit us to see all of what we have to offer.
Our mulch is double shredded hardwood on site - with pet and child friendly dye . Natural and colorized mulch available.
*BULK PRICING AND DELIVERY AVAILABLE*
Arbor Forest Products is a proud retailer of Blue Ribbon Organics located in Wisconsin.
We also create our own compost on site, along with a 50/50 top soil mix great for gardening in any landscape!
Crushed Orange Granite
Turtle Ridge (Trap Rock)
**Please call into office for landscape stone availability & pricing.**
1. Clean the playground area thoroughly. Remove any old playground mix, trash, stumps, stones, or other obstructions that could cause injury to a child in the event of a fall. Use rakes, shovels, and other tools to clean the area.
2. Outline the perimeter of the playground with suitable landscape edging. This edging will help to keep the mulch in place and limit the amount of mulch spread around by running children, wind, and rain. If the edging extends more than one or two inches above ground, dig a trench, and inter the timbers to limit their size; this will help prevent tripping.
3. If you do not have a solid base, sand is a classic option for playground surfaces, it’s relatively inexpensive and easy to install. It provides good shock absorption and can be adjusted to different depths depending on your children’s age.
4. Install landscape fabric under the playground area; hold it in place with landscape staples. This barrier will prevent the growth of grass and weeds in the playground area and will also make maintenance and replacing the mulch easier.
5. Add the playground mix to the playground area and rake it into place. Install the material so that the depth is at least 12” or greater. Add more mulch to high traffic areas, such as underneath swings or at the exits to slides to allow for displacement.
6. Maintain the depth of the mulch by raking playground mix back into place over time. Do not allow the mulch to go below the required safety depth, as you will risk serous injury to those playing on the playground.
7. We recommend the playground mix be replaced every 2 to 3 years.
Landscape contractors, school district safety coordinators, and maintenance directors throughout Wisconsin rely on our quality engineered wood fiber to meet safety standards in their playgrounds. Like our mulches, our playground mix is made from hardwood only.
We are IPEMA (International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association) certified to meet ASTM F 2075-10a standard specification for engineered wood fiber for use as a playground safety surface under and around playground equipment.
We can deliver any volume right to the playground or job site.